For the Ribs
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Heat the Canola Oil in a pan.
3. Coat the ribs in salt and pepper, dredge in the flour, and brown each side in the heated oil. Once browned, take the ribs and set in a 9x13 pan.
4. In the original pan, add the mushrooms and cook until tender. Once tender, add the red wine and reduce the liquid in the pan by ½. Once reduced, add the beef broth and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Carefully pour the mixture over the ribs, cover the pan with foil and bake for 3 hours or until fork tender.
For the Potatoes
1. Boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain.
2. Return the potatoes to the pan and add the butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Mash everything together until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.