Looking to add more flavor and moisture to pork and poultry? Here's our perfectly simple brine recipe.
• 1/3 cup Kosher Salt
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 4 cups water
• Beer (optional)
• Apple Juice (optional)
• Fresh Herbs (optional)
1. Dissolve 1/3 cup salt and 1/2 cup sugar in the water.
2. Put ice in 1/3 gallon pitcher about 3/4 full.
3. Add additional liquid (beer or apple juice) if desired.
4. Pour dissolved water, salt & sugar in pitcher.
5. Add more water to fill pitcher to top.
Brine Time for Meats:
Full chickens (whole or cut up and not injected with broth): 24-48 hours
Fresh chicken breasts: 24 hours
Pork steaks: 24 hours
Baby Back Ribs & Country style Ribs: 24 hours
Bone in or Boneless Pork chops: 24 hours
Pork Shoulder roast: 48 hours