Whether you're cooking for the family or yourself, these wholesome and simple slow-cooker meals are perfect on a cold autumn night.
Crazy Easy Chili
It's easy to make incredible chili at home. Stop by Miesfeld's meat market and pick up a package or two of Town of Sheboygan Fire Department chili mix for a perfect blend of heat and flavor.
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, chopped into ½-inch cubes
- Two 16-ounce cans of red kidney beans, drained
- 2 14 ½-ounce cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 package Town of Sheboygan Fire Department chili mix
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup beef stock or water
- Place all ingredients except the cornstarch and beef stock into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours with lid on.
- Whisk cornstarch into beef broth.
- Add all or part of the cornstarch mixture to thicken. Season to taste and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Any Night Pot Roast
With this recipe, you can enjoy a traditional Sunday pot roast any night of the week. Check out Miesfeld's online meat market for delicious hard rolls to complete the meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless chuck or rump roast, 3 to 3 ½ pounds
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and quartered
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 32-ounce box beef broth (reserve ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup reserved broth
- Mix the salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the roast, covering all sides evenly. Allow roast to sit out approximately 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Sear the roast on all sides, approximately 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place roast on a platter and deglaze the pan with ¼ cup of the reserved beef broth. (Searing improves the overall flavor, but this step can be skipped if time is an issue.)
- Place vegetables in a 6-quart slow cooker. Position the roast on top of the vegetables. Add the beef broth (except the ¼ cup reserved for the gravy) and the deglazing liquid from the searing pan. Cook on low for 10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Transfer the roast and vegetables to a warm platter and tent with aluminum foil.
- For gravy, pour the remaining juices through a strainer to remove solids. Skim off excess fat. Pour the liquid into a saucepan and heat until boiling over medium-high heat.
- Whisk cornstarch into the remaining ¼ cup beef broth. Slowly whisk this slurry into the pan and return to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and serve.
Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Pork Chops
Dinner is stress-free when you buy meat online from Miesfeld's. Start with juicy bone-in pork chops to make this 4-step meal.
- 8 pork chops
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sprinkle chili powder, salt, and pepper evenly over pork chops.
- Spread a thin layer of barbecue sauce over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place a layer of pork chops over the sauce. Repeat until all the chops are in the cooker.
- Pour any remaining barbecue sauce over the top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
Too Busy to Cook Tonight?
Sometimes, even a simple crockpot meal is too much to handle. When your schedule is out of control, pop a pre-made Miesfeld's casserole into the oven and relax. Dinner will be ready soon.
Stop by the store or visit Miesfeld's online for a vast selection of delicious dinner ideas, including Miesfeld's Grand Champion brat.