As a packager at Miesfeld’s you will be packaging an assortment of products for our retail store as well as for our wholesale accounts. After products are packaged you will be labeling each product to ensure its contents are clearly communicated.
- Ensure that every product/box has a label and Julian date.
- Use the FIFO (first in first out) method when putting product in the freezer or cooler.
- Fix any packages that are leakers.
- Notify the Assistant Supervisor of any products, labels or any packaging supplies that are running low.
- Check the freezers and coolers every day for any products that may need to be boxed up and/or put away.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Keep packaging rooms neat and clean throughout the day.
- Wipe down tables and machines between products.
- No cross contamination between raw and RTE (ready to eat product).
- Thoroughly wash hands when entering packaging rooms.
- Packaging rooms must be cleaned before production can start. Please follow the correct sanitation procedures if the room is not clean.
- Complete SSOP/Pre-Op form as needed.
End of shift tasks
- Remove all scales from the packaging rooms to be sanitized.
- Pick up any garbage on the floor and take all boxes to the designated areas.
- Fill boxes in the hallway and any other supplies that may need to be filled.
- Make sure all machines are turned off, including the AC fans, chillers and exhaust fans.
- Always check with the packaging supervisor before you leave for the day.
- Strong problem-solving and math skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Have a strong positive attitude.
- Build Relationships and promote change.
- Ability to work in a team and independent working environment.
- Communicate well with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain excellent GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- You will be working in and out of a freezer and cooler at times.
- Overtime may be required during our busy seasons.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds occasionally.
- Repetitive wrist, hand, and arm motions, 8+ hours per day.
- Some overhead reaching, lifting and stacking.
- Some use of stairs and step stools possible.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
Packaging: 1 year (Preferred, but not required)
Job Type: Full-Time
Miesfeld’s Triangle Market is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Miesfeld’s Triangle Market makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our EEO Policy.