As a Packaging Team Lead at Miesfeld’s you will be responsible for overseeing the packaging process and assisting supervisors and Managers to ensure smooth production runs and orders are filled.
- Ensure that the prepared packages make it to their designated locations, such as loading zones or into inventory.
- Must be thorough in their work.
- Attention to detail is key.
- Must be able to lift up to 25-75 lbs.
- Ensure proper specifications are on the labels.
- Ensure productivity is maximized by driving efficiencies and utilization at all times.
- Ensure Packing Operatives are motivated to maximize productivity by driving efficiencies
- Implement Packing process improvement initiatives as directed by management.
- Ensure the Focus of the Packing Operatives are based on the customer’s needs and service delivery.
- Ensure Health and Safety and Security compliance at all times within the site.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication with Production team and Quality Control.
- Some basic math skills required.
- Good written documentation skills
- will work in some temperature controlled areas.
- Able to take direction from supervisor.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned.
- Check the freezers and coolers every day for any products that may need to be boxed up and/or put away.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Keep packaging rooms neat and clean throughout the day.
- Wipe down tables and machines between products.
- No cross contamination between raw and RTE (ready to eat product).
- Thoroughly wash hands when entering packaging rooms.
- Packaging rooms must be cleaned before production can start. Please follow the correct sanitation procedures if the room is not clean.
- Complete SSOP/Pre-Op form as needed.
- Production leadership experience or minimally leadership experience is a Must
- Strong problem-solving and math skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Have a strong positive attitude.
- Build Relationships and promote change.
- Ability to work in a team and independent working environment.
- Communicate well with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain excellent GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- You will be working in and out of a freezer and cooler at times.
- Overtime may be required during our busy seasons.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds occasionally.
- Repetitive wrist, hand, and arm motions, 8+ hours per day.
- Some overhead reaching, lifting and stacking.
- Some use of stairs and step stools possible.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Packaging: 1 year (Required)
Job Type: Full-Time
Miesfeld’s Triangle Market is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Miesfeld’s Triangle Market makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our EEO Policy.